MIT Researchers Created a Sanctuary for Bees to Help Save Them From Extinction
By now, you’ve probably heard that bees aren’t doing so well. Their population has been dwindling for some time, and last month, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service put seven species of bees on the endangered species list.
Cue the “synthetic apiary.” It’s a room created by the Mediated Matter group at MIT Media Lab that mimics the spring season year-round. And curiously, it looks nothing like spring at all.
Video courtesy Mediated Matter Research Group and Best Bees, LLC.
- What Black Voters Had to Overcome to Vote in Alabama
- World Leaders Who Snubbed Trump in 2017
- Roy Moore’s Biggest Fan Is Terrifying
- 3 Ways Trump’s Tax Code Benefits Him and His Family
- Trump’s War on the Media Has Been Years in the Making
- Jeff Sessions Can’t Recall a Lot of Things
- Donald Trump’s Greatest Hits in the Style of Those Old CD Commercials
- Meet Virginia’s First Transgender Candidate for State Legislature
- A Brief History of North Korea in 3 Minutes
- Confederate Monuments Are Propaganda — Not History
- What the Trump Administration Means When It Says ‘On Notice’
- What Donald Trump Did On His First Presidential Vacation
- Anthony Scaramucci Is Back on TV, and He’s Got a Few Words for Us
- Donald Trump Is His Own Worst Enemy
- Here’s What Trump Has Said on Major Policy Issues Before and After Being Elected