WATCH: Who Is Neil Gorsuch, President Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee?
He’s currently a judge on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in his hometown of Denver, a position to which he was appointed by President George W. Bush in 2006. The 49-year-old judge sided with Hobby Lobby in its 2014 case defending its religious liberty in refusing to cover contraceptives for its employees under the Affordable Care Act. In his judicial philosophy, he is often compared to Antonin Scalia, whom he would replace on the court if confirmed by the Senate.
- Jeff Sessions Can’t Recall a Lot of Things
- Donald Trump’s Greatest Hits in the Style of Those Old CD Commercials
- Meet Virginia’s First Transgender Candidate for State Legislature
- A Brief History of North Korea in 3 Minutes
- Confederate Monuments Are Propaganda — Not History
- What the Trump Administration Means When It Says ‘On Notice’
- What Donald Trump Did On His First Presidential Vacation
- Anthony Scaramucci Is Back on TV, and He’s Got a Few Words for Us
- The Trump Administration Hated Health-Care Policy Secrecy a Few Years Ago
- What Is the Doomsday Clock, and What Makes It Tick?
- Donald Trump Is His Own Worst Enemy
- Here’s What Trump Has Said on Major Policy Issues Before and After Being Elected
- Amal Clooney on Trump Losing the Presidency