WATCH: Who Is Neil Gorsuch, President Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee?
He’s currently a judge on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in his hometown of Denver, a position to which he was appointed by President George W. Bush in 2006. The 49-year-old judge sided with Hobby Lobby in its 2014 case defending its religious liberty in refusing to cover contraceptives for its employees under the Affordable Care Act. In his judicial philosophy, he is often compared to Antonin Scalia, whom he would replace on the court if confirmed by the Senate.
- How Trump’s Speaking Style Has Changed Over the Years
- Foreign-Policy Experts React to Trump’s Jerusalem Decision
- Trump’s Surrounded by Big Water
- 5 Questions About North Korea You’re Afraid to Ask
- Roy Moore’s Biggest Fan Is Terrifying
- 3 Ways Trump’s Tax Code Benefits Him and His Family
- Trump’s War on the Media Has Been Years in the Making
- Graduate Students Are Terrified by the Republican Tax Plan
- Donald Trump’s Greatest Hits in the Style of Those Old CD Commercials
- Meet Virginia’s First Transgender Candidate for State Legislature
- Confederate Monuments Are Propaganda — Not History
- This Is Why Obama’s Legacy Will Endure Despite What Many May Think
- Kanye West and Trump Collaborate on New Single