Democratic Senator Jeff Merkley Held the Floor With a 15-Plus-Hour Marathon Speech to Protest Gorsuch
The senator from Oregon spoke through the night about the Supreme Court nominee, in advance of a motion for a vote to confirm him, which is expected to be filibustered by Senate Democrats. Merkley outlined the case against approving a judge that Republicans consider a surefire nominee.
- Jeff Sessions Can’t Recall a Lot of Things
- Donald Trump’s Greatest Hits in the Style of Those Old CD Commercials
- Meet Virginia’s First Transgender Candidate for State Legislature
- A Brief History of North Korea in 3 Minutes
- Confederate Monuments Are Propaganda — Not History
- What the Trump Administration Means When It Says ‘On Notice’
- What Donald Trump Did On His First Presidential Vacation
- Anthony Scaramucci Is Back on TV, and He’s Got a Few Words for Us
- The Trump Administration Hated Health-Care Policy Secrecy a Few Years Ago
- What Is the Doomsday Clock, and What Makes It Tick?
- Donald Trump Is His Own Worst Enemy
- Here’s What Trump Has Said on Major Policy Issues Before and After Being Elected
- Amal Clooney on Trump Losing the Presidency