Last week at Chelsea Piers, Sports Illustrated's Chris Ballard celebrated the release of his new NBA book, The Art of a Beautiful Game, with a pick-up game featuring a bunch of his basketball-writer buddies. Also, us! It was our first time hooping in front of a crowd of mildly interested pointy-heeled book publicists; more important, it was our first time matching up against the elite of the NBA media corps, including Sports Illustrated's Jack McCallum, TrueHoop's Henry Abbott, and the Times' Jonathan Abrams. So, are the people who write about basketball for a living any good at actually playing basketball? Click through to find out!
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street