Larry Brooks thinks so, or at least he thinks one of them was on Saturday night, when Stephen Walkom — who ran the league's officiating department for the last four years — whistled Avery for his first unsportsmanlike conduct penalty of the year. (Compared to previous seasons, Avery's been treated pretty fairly by officials this year, though for much of the season, he didn't give them much to penalize him for.) All of this, in turn, led to the inevitable "Sean Avery is hurting the Rangers" story, in the News. Perhaps he is, but ask yourself this: Are any other players stepping up to offer the $60 T-shirts that hockey fans so badly crave? We didn't think so.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability