It's getting heated over in the discussion of Bill Simmons' The Book Of Basketball over at the Vulture Book Club. Free Darko's Bethlehem Shoals finds truth in Simmons' prudishness about cocaine, Deadspin's Tommy Craggs is a little shaken by the sexism and Motherless Brooklyn author Jonathan Lethem finds Simmons "some kind of manufactured common-Joe surrogate, a Superfan" but still "devoured this book like Cap'n Crunch." Get thee, and be made smart. [Vulture Reading Room
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!