The phrase above means: "The Nets Are Mine!" in Russian. (Well, the Babel Fish translator claims it does, anyway.) Mikhail Prokhorov, star of Mikhail Prokhorov Theater, signed formal papers Tuesday night to purchase the New Jersey Nets. The NBA Board Of Governors has to approve him in January 2010 (and they will), and he is expected to obtain control of the land around the corner of Flatbush and Atlantic avenues in March. Then: Look out.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!