Our Madden simulations on PlayStation 3 are 1–2 in the playoffs so far, which means it thought the Jets were going to keep losing until they finally did. We are not quite ready to start the week of Super Bowl stupor yet, so we simulated the Colts-Saints Super Bowl just so we could say we had a story today. (Honestly, we find the week before the Super Bowl among the most depressing in sports.) The Colts won, 34–23, though the Saints did have a safety, and the last time there was a safety in the Super Bowl, it set up one of the greatest finishes in the game's history. Peyton Manning was fantastic, throwing for ... you know, this is all the Super Bowl stuff we can have today. It's Monday. The Pro Bowl broke our spirits.
Photo: Will Leitch, off his television.
- 1. Matt Zoller Seitz’s 10 Best TV Shows of 2013
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. David Edelstein’s 10 Best Movies of 2013
- 4. Where It Hurts: Steve McQueen on Why 12 Years a Slave Isn’t Just About Slavery
- 5. The Toxins Lurking in Newtown Creek
- 6. Jody Rosen’s 10 Best Pop Albums of 2013
- 7. Tea Party Representative Supports Wasteful Government Program, Because YOHO
- 8. Julia Louis-Dreyfus in the Present Tense: How the Actress Made Her Transformational Turn on Veep
- 9. Yes, Bryan Singer Will Direct X-Men: Apocalypse