Good news for people who like having the same conversation over and over again: Brian Cashman said yesterday that the Yankees still consider Joba Chamberlain to be a starting pitcher, but since there's only one available spot in the rotation and he didn't win it, "he's a starter in the bullpen." Meaning we get to revive the starter-or-reliever debate again next spring, or when someone in the rotation gets hurt this season, or really any time Phil Hughes has a bad game. [Newsday]
Photo: Nick Laham/Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode