Back in 2008, soon-to-be Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, of the Mikhail Prokhorov Theater, bought a house in the French Riviera for 360 million euro, which, in American dollars, is approximately $483 trillion. He didn't quite buy it, though: He put down a 40 million euro deposit at the top of the market, and then decided he wanted to back out of the deal. A French court ruled yesterday that he couldn't, which means he's stuck with the place, which looks like this. Poor bastard.
Photo: Konstantin Zavrazhin/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 7. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour