Anyone who has kept so much as a glancing eye at the New York Jets since their AFC Championship Game loss has known that running back Thomas Jones would be released this off-season. He had a terrific year, but clearly faded in the playoffs, and the Jets have a ready-made, cheaper, younger replacement in Shonn Greene. Throw in the $3 million roster bonus he was set to collect next week, and the Jets' choice was obvious, uncapped year or no. Still, the players are anonymously mad: "I can tell you, it's not going to be a popular move in the locker room. We loved T.J. The man loved the game and put it all on the line only to get dumped after his best season. I think you should reward players for performance." Mr. Anonymous Player, we do sympathize, but you do you know you're a football player, right? Rewarding players for performance? What do you think this is, baseball?
Photo: Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!