For the first time this spring training — the Mets have already played two games — the Amazins will bust out the big guns in Port St. Lucie against the Cardinals' split-squad team. Jason Bay and David Wright are expected to take the field at 1 p.m. today, on SNY. It's Bay's first appearance in a Mets uniform, and Wright's first opportunity to hit a home run and flex as he runs around the bases, just so everybody understands that he's a power hitter again. Jose Reyes was scheduled to play — it would have been his first opportunity to show that he's so "100 percent healthy" like he keeps insisting — but was a late lineup scratch for reasons that we're certain have absolutely nothing to do with anything resembling an injury, nope. The Mets' starting pitcher today is knuckle-baller R.A. Dickey, by the way.
Photo: Doug Benc/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!