A couple of weeks ago, we spent ten of our off-work hours, two consecutive nights, in a pretty Union Square studio with Gary Carter, Sparky Lyle, Fran Healy, and Steve Hirdt. They were talking about the best players in New York City baseball history, at each position. We were trying desperately to keep up and suck in our cheeks: HD makes us look like Howdy Doody. Anyway, the show, called The Lineup, premieres tonight on the MSG Network at 10:30 p.m., with "Catchers." (You can watch a preview here.) We have no idea how this is going to turn out and just hope we don't look dumb. We bet the show is good, though. At the very least, you can hear Steve Hirdt give extended descriptions of the career of Zach Wheat while the four of us just stare at him blankly and nod.
Photo: Focus on Sport/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death