Our yearlong obsession with the Northeast Conference culminates tonight with the NEC Tournament. The eight teams all tip off at either 7 or 7:30 — the favorites are Quinnipiac and Robert Morris — but the game of most local import is No. 5 Fairleigh Dickinson at No. 4 Long Island, set for 7:30 at the WRAC in Brooklyn. LIU is three wins away from the NCAAs. You should head out there and cheer them on. If you can't make the game, though, you can listen to it on WFDU.com, the official station of Fairleigh Dickinson University, which is apparently perpetually hosted by Barry Sheffield, the cowboy-hat-clad scary fellow who welcomes you to the site with a splash page and some Dottie West on "Let There Be Country." Eventually Barry goes away, and you can actually listen to the game.
Photo: Will Leitch
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!