The NCAA Tournament ridiculously tips off at 12:20 tomorrow afternoon — one of the three early games features our old friends at Robert Morris — but if you're hankering for a college-hoops warm-up, tonight is your night. Two local angles in the NIT this evening: First, St. John's, perpetually playing Norm Roberts's last game, travels to Graceland to play Memphis. The game's on ESPN-2 at 9 p.m. Surprisingly, both teams seem excited to play in the NIT. The same can't be said in the other local game. Long Island's Stony Brook hosts Illinois, a team that couldn't play at their Assembly Hall because Cirque du Soleil is in town, at the Stony Brook Arena, a building that hasn't been used in two years. As a loyal Illini alum, we'll be there tonight. We hope they remembered to put in the fire exits; two years is a long time.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. QuizUp Is the Fastest-Growing iPhone Game in History: Here Are Its Creator’s Secrets