We know, we hung on to the notion of a playoff boomlet far longer than was reasonable, healthy, or sane. But tonight it's likely to become official: The Knicks need one loss or one Toronto win to officially mathematically eliminate them from playoff contention. This is the last time the Knicks not making the playoffs will not be all that big of a deal; if they miss the playoffs next year, no matter what happens with LeBron and everybody else, heads will roll. So this is a historic occasion, really: You'll never care this little about missing the playoffs again. There's that!
Photo: Al Bello/Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?