We're not sure which is more bizarre: That a player as good as Mark Teixeira can consistently have such terrible starts to his season — he's currently hitting .097 with zero home runs — or that his slow starts are so widely accepted as the norm. Sure, he'll hear the odd jeer until he starts to hit, but it's unlikely to reach any level of hysteria (see: Ortiz, David), assuming his slump doesn't last until, like, June. It's really quite the life Teixeira has: Assuming his slow start lasts a month, he gets to be bad at his job for one-sixth of the season, and he more or less gets a pass. Not to mention all six-sixths of his salary.
Photo: J. Meric/Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 6. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 9. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob