In the second inning of last night's Mets-Cubs game at Citi Field, Cubs pitcher Carlos Silva swung so hard at the plate that he injured his wrist, rendering him unable to throw his breaking ball the rest of the night. This, combined with the fact that he's Carlos Silva, should have augured well for the Mets, but, alas, no: The Mets lost 9–3. More worrisome, the boos rained down once again on Jason Bay, who is batting .241 with no homers and a league-leading 22 strikeouts. Jerry Manuel is thinking of changing the lineup, and we don't know about you, but we get a little nervous anytime Jerry gets to thinking.
Photo: Mike Stobe/Getty Images.
- 1. ‘Blessing in Disguise’: The Oral History of Parks and Recreation’s the Cones of Dunshire Board Game
- 2. Urban Outfitters May Have Gone Too Far With a Denim Tutu
- 3. Suck and Blow: The Oral History of the Clueless Party Scene
- 4. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 5. Obama Gay Panic Trolling, International Comparison Edition
- 6. The Most Dangerous Beauty Through the Ages
- 7. Mitt Romney Ironing a Tuxedo While Wearing It
- 8. It’s Not Just Moms Who Want to Work Less
- 9. BBC Interviews Random Guy on the Street About Airport Expansion; Random Guy Is the Fonz