Great, the one year a mediocre Rangers team doesn't sneak into the playoffs is the year the top seeds in the East prove to be vulnerable. The Flyers — who might not even be in the playoffs if Olli Jokinen practiced his backhand a little more — long ago knocked off the Devils in five games. Then last night, the Bruins — who didn't clinch a berth until the final weekend — eliminated Ryan Miller and the Sabres in game six. And even the Presidents' Trophy–winning Capitals haven't been able to put away the Canadiens — mostly thanks to Jaroslav Halak playing out of his mind — and face a game seven tomorrow night. And they won't have Sergei Fedorov around to save them this time, either.
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?