Looking for a smile today? Find a Red Sox fan and ask him how he/she is feeling. Yesterday, for the first time in seven years, Boston lost on Patriots' Day, the fifth loss in a row for the Sox. They're 4–9, fourth place in the AL East and already are six games back of the first place Rays. Last year, the Red Sox fell six and a half out on August 9. Red Sox fans are freaking out. We'll confess, we suspect the Sox will be ten games over .500 in a month and a half and no one will remember this, but, frankly, it's kind of nice seeing Sox fans all panicky and morose again, isn't it? It had been a while. Welcome back, guys.
Photo: Joe Robbins/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?