Looking for a smile today? Find a Red Sox fan and ask him how he/she is feeling. Yesterday, for the first time in seven years, Boston lost on Patriots' Day, the fifth loss in a row for the Sox. They're 4–9, fourth place in the AL East and already are six games back of the first place Rays. Last year, the Red Sox fell six and a half out on August 9. Red Sox fans are freaking out. We'll confess, we suspect the Sox will be ten games over .500 in a month and a half and no one will remember this, but, frankly, it's kind of nice seeing Sox fans all panicky and morose again, isn't it? It had been a while. Welcome back, guys.
Photo: Joe Robbins/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 8. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]