A couple of years ago, the Mets ended their water taxi out to Shea Stadium, saying the construction on the new stadium made docking dangerous. When they failed to bring back the water taxi the next season, or last season, we were crestfallen. Well, good news: The water taxis are back! You can take them to Citi Field or Yankee Stadium. Some changes from last time include: There's only one pickup point (Pier 11 Wall Street); it only goes one way (you'll have to find a different way home); it leaves considerably later than the old boats (you'll be at the game a half-hour before game time); and it's free (it cost $20 round-trip before). Space is limited to 147 people each game, which is crazy: We have no idea why anyone would take any other transportation to the game.
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 7. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 8. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 9. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces