A couple of years ago, the Mets ended their water taxi out to Shea Stadium, saying the construction on the new stadium made docking dangerous. When they failed to bring back the water taxi the next season, or last season, we were crestfallen. Well, good news: The water taxis are back! You can take them to Citi Field or Yankee Stadium. Some changes from last time include: There's only one pickup point (Pier 11 Wall Street); it only goes one way (you'll have to find a different way home); it leaves considerably later than the old boats (you'll be at the game a half-hour before game time); and it's free (it cost $20 round-trip before). Space is limited to 147 people each game, which is crazy: We have no idea why anyone would take any other transportation to the game.
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!