Mark Feinsand of the Daily News took an informal poll via Twitter this week to determine the most hated Yankees pitcher of all time. Unsurprisingly, the immortal Carl Pavano received nearly half of the 179 responses. (We assume the other 90 votes were from members of the health-care industry who got rich during his four years in New York.) All the expected names are there: Hideki Irabu, Kevin Brown, Kyle Farnsworth, Kei Igawa, etc. We have only two questions: Did the person who voted for Denny Neagle not remember his awesome ability to imitate the sound of a train whistle (or was he or she hung up on the whole "pleading guilty to charges of patronizing a prostitute" thing)? Also, the person who voted for Mike Mussina was probably kidding, right?
Photo: Nick Laham/Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode