Back in March, before the NCAA Tournament began, we speculated that Robert Morris head coach Mike Rice Jr., of our beloved Northeast Conference, would be Fordham's ideal head-coaching candidate. Then Robert Morris went and almost beat Villanova in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, and all of a sudden, Mike Rice Jr. is being upgraded to the Big East. Rutgers is likely to announce Rice's hiring this week, and they're hoping he'll be a stabilizing influence for a program that's fallen into chaos. We hope he does well, but we have to say: The Northeast Conference to the Big East is an awfully large leap.
Photo: Will Leitch
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!