Back in March, before the NCAA Tournament began, we speculated that Robert Morris head coach Mike Rice Jr., of our beloved Northeast Conference, would be Fordham's ideal head-coaching candidate. Then Robert Morris went and almost beat Villanova in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, and all of a sudden, Mike Rice Jr. is being upgraded to the Big East. Rutgers is likely to announce Rice's hiring this week, and they're hoping he'll be a stabilizing influence for a program that's fallen into chaos. We hope he does well, but we have to say: The Northeast Conference to the Big East is an awfully large leap.
Photo: Will Leitch
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring