All Brazil needed to do to win Group G was draw with Portugal, which they did, 0–0. Portugal, which played its second scoreless draw in three games, advanced to the knockout round as well, though they'd have done so even with a loss, since they'd padded their goal differential earlier in the week against North Korea. In the group's other match, Ivory Coast defeated North Korea 3–0. The North Koreans, who held their own against Brazil in their opening game, finish the tournament having scored just one goal. Dear Leader can't be pleased.
Photo: CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!