As we await the Fortress of Solitude Summit of Free Agents — and we ask again, why are they waiting so long? It's not like any of those four guys have anything to do right now — we remind you of another big free agent this summer: Phil Jackson. PhilJax already holds the all-time record for NBA championships with ten, with only one other active coach having more than one (Gregg Popovich's four), and he's going for No. 11 this week. He is also loose from his contract this year and the potential apple of LeBron James's eye. Of all the teams going after the free-agent booty, the Knicks are the only ones who have their coach already in place ... which is no reason there can't be speculation that he'll take over at the Garden anyway. This, despite Jackson's ongoing relationship with Jeanie Buss, daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss. (Look how happy they are!) "I don't control him — if I did I would have a ring on my finger, but I am not going to threaten to break up with him if he takes another job," Jeanie Buss told the Post. Good to know! Anyway, if Mike D'Antoni gets fired because LeBron is coming here, we don't blame him if he sets the Garden on fire.
Photo: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death