The NBA Draft is Thursday, and there's a very large and rich Russian man who hopes you'll take note of whom his team is drafting, lest you be cheering for that gentleman in the Brooklyn area in a couple of years. The Nets "lost" the draft lottery and therefore have the third pick. So, what do the mock drafts say? Well, the general consensus is that the Nets will get either Georgia Tech power forward Derrick Favors or Ohio State shooting guard Evan Turner, whomever the 76ers don't pick. (John Wall will, of course, go first to the Washington Wizards.) Chad Ford of ESPN says the Sixers would like Favors more than some think, but still thinks they'll pick Turner — or at least trade the pick to someone who will. Nbadraft.net says Favors is the pick as well, and, amusingly enough, they have the Nets taking Lance Stephenson with the first pick of the second round. In an nba.com composite mock draft, every single mock had the Nets taking Favors. Which means, surely: Hello, Wesley Johnson!
Photo: Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death