For all the pre–World Cup talk about how crazy Diego Maradona was going to screw up the Argentina team — leading to rather brilliant Photoshops like this one — man, they sure do look good. They destroyed South Korea this morning 4–1, thanks to three goals from Gonzalo Higuain. They have essentially assured themselves a spot in the Round of 16, and they'll face Greece — which scored the first two goals in its World Cup history with a 2–1 win over Nigeria — next Tuesday. The other spot will be filled by either South Korea or Greece; we'll know then. At 2:30 is the day's major highlight match: Mexico, which struggled through a draw with South Africa in the opener, faces France, whose fans seem to openly hate their team. And remember: Tomorrow is the U.S. against Slovenia, at 10 a.m. Your pubs will be open.
Photo: Pedro Ugarte/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!