You might not be ecstatic with how you're doing in our World Cup Pool, but rest assured, this morning, if you filled it out, you earned a couple of points. The Netherlands cruised past Slovakia 2–1 to advance to the quarterfinals, where they will play the winner of this afternoon's Brazil-Chile match, which will almost surely be Brazil. That would set up a terrific Friday morning matchup between two of the tournament favorites ... for the right to play Uruguay or Ghana, amusingly. By the way, the leader of the pool is the entry called Unisex Pants, by someone named J. Fried. He has Brazil winning the whole thing, of course.
Photo: Joe Klamar/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?