Partially as a public service announcement in case you see any low-flying planes tomorrow afternoon, but mostly because the YouTube videos of past events look completely awesome, we draw your attention to the Red Bull Air Race beginning at noon above the Hudson River near Liberty State Park. One at a time, pilots will weave their lightweight planes through a course of inflatable "air gates" in this, the fifth leg of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship. You won't be able to see the race from Manhattan, but information on getting thee to New Jersey can be found here.
Photo: Hamish Blair/Getty Images for Red Bull Air Race
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women