Of all the players to get a shout-out from Cardinals first-baseman Albert Pujols during his appearance on the Late Show With David Letterman yesterday, the least likely would have seemed Mets outfielder Jeff Francoeur. The team is trying to trade him to the Royals, he's lost his spot in the lineup, and he's actually hitting .157 this month. Still, there was baseball's best player, chatting up Dave about Francoeur having the best arm in baseball, about how he thinks about him every time he goes to play the Mets. (Jose Reyes and David Wright got shout-outs as well.) Before you get any ideas: The Cardinals cannot trade for Jeff Francoeur, so despite Pujols's love for him, that's one less trading bidder. You might be stuck with him still. By the way, Pujols took batting-practice pitches on 53rd Street from Denis Leary, and though you might think Denis Leary could throw a baseball, Denis Leary absolutely cannot throw a baseball.
Photo: Will Leitch
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!