Making your major league debut must be nerve-racking enough. But making it knowing that within four batters of your big-league career, you could be forever known (to those who care to know such things) as "that guy who gave up Alex Rodriguez's 600th home run" must mean even more pressure. So that's all probably running through the mind of tonight's Indians starter, 25-year-old Josh Tomlin, as he prepares to take the mound at Progressive Field for the first time. As for A-Rod, today's his 35th birthday, and if you're wondering, he's hit five career home runs on his birthday, including two in 2002.
Photo: Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?