Johan Santana has not been his usual dominant self most of this season — most worrying, his walk rates are up and his strikeout rates are way, way down — and he wasn't Old School Johan last night, either. Fortunately, he's still pretty great, and he shut out the white-hot Reds 3–0 and even added a homer for his troubles. The Mets' playoff odds are up to 43 percent, and that's if they don't trade for Cliff Lee. It's Jon Niese tonight, against this guy.
Photo: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!