Remember when the Liberty, thanks to the addition of Cappie Pondexter, was supposed to be the city's best chance at a title? (You don't remember this? Well, trust us, it was supposed to be that.) As it turns out, right now the Liberty are 8–9 and out of the playoffs. Pondexter is doing her part — she had 30 points in a win on Sunday — but the rest of the team has faltered, despite a mid-June trade for two-time champ Plenette Pierson. (Kind of like trading for Robert Horry or Derek Fisher in the NBA.) The season's half over, and, as you can probably tell, it's All-Star Break week and it's a bit slow around here. Go Liberty!
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability