We're being purposely cynical in that headline. Sorry. We're actually kind of excited. The Knicks haven't officially signed Amar'e Stoudemire to a max deal — because they can't until Thursday — but considering he's on the MSG marquee and they've already had a press conference introducing him, it'd be pretty awkward if Stoudemire weren't a Knick now. Whatever your thoughts about Stoudemire — particularly the "he's not LeBron James" thought — the Suns star is almost certainly the best player the Knicks have had in a decade. What comes next? Who knows? But the Knicks have someone thrilling to watch, at least until he breaks down, for the first time since ... man, do we have to go all the way back to Sprewell? (Probably.) Are we rationalizing, considering this likely means LeBron isn't coming and this might be all the Knicks get out of this? Oh, certainly. But still: They weren't shut out. (And still a tiny chance.) Small victories at this point, but victories nevertheless. More tomorrow.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?