We have a soft spot in our hearts for the New York Liberty, and not just because they have a cute dog mascot dressed like the Statue of Liberty. (Though that does not hurt.) It's probably because it's nice to have a winning team in the Garden. Anyway, the WNBA's Liberty are freaking hot right now, having won nine in a row to move within a half-game of Eastern Conference leader Indiana. Currently, the WNBA Finals are scheduled for the end of September, and if the Liberty make it, we're totally going to go. Also, it is a slow news day.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper