It's Day Nine of the Darrelle Revis holdout, and both Revis and the Jets continue to wait for the other side to blink. The current story-line-within-the-story-line: Behind the scenes, the Jets are reportedly blaming the whole mess on Al Davis, for giving Nnamdi Asomugha the massive contract that Revis insists on topping in the first place. Their argument: Just because one fool overpaid — Asomugha's contract averages about 50 percent more than the next level of cornerback contracts — doesn't mean they should have to. Gary Myers spoke to a general manager over the weekend who said it also hasn't helped that Rex Ryan keeps calling Revis the best defensive player in the league. Said the unnamed GM: "What does it serve other than the coach's relationship with the player to do that? It's terrible for business. Now they use it against you." In case the Jets are without Revis's services for a while, this seems like a good place to note that Antonio Cromartie is having a hell of a training camp so far. [Pro Football Talk, NYDN]
Photo: Chris McGrath/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?