When the Mets signed Rod Barajas this off-season, it baffled many, considering the Mets seemed to have their fair share of mediocre catchers already, and they had up-and-coming prospect Josh Thole almost ready to go. The idea was that Barajas could provide power, though his total inability to get on base more than offset that. Anyway, the Mets let the Dodgers claim Barajas off waivers yesterday, saving the team very little money but allowing them to give the job full-time to Thole. It doesn't seem like a big move for Barajas; the Dodgers might think they're more of a playoff contender than the Mets, but the playoff-odds report says the Dodgers have a .30 percent chance of the playoffs, just barely above the Mets' .28 percent. Anyway, we hope you enjoyed and noted the 64 times Barajas reached base, in 267 plate appearances. Cherish every one of the 64.
Photo: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?