Remember how Ilya Kovalchuk's agent, Devils brass, and league representatives had "talked conceptually" about a new contract for the free-agent left wing, one the league wouldn't promptly light on fire upon its submission? It appears the league didn't like the concepts being talked about. Though the Devils didn't submit a new, signed contract, they did discuss the proposed structure of such a deal — and the Post reports today that the NHL rejected that framework. According to Puck Daddy's source, the term of the proposed deal was "in the neighborhood of 15 years," and the term appears to be the point of contention.
Photo: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!