The Jets are still trying to figure out the Darrelle Revis situation — the latest word is that there is no word — and now they have another problem on defense. Outside linebacker Calvin Pace broke his foot in this weekend's exhibition game and is likely to miss about six weeks. This puts the Jets, a team that was supposed to win games relying entirely on their supposedly dominant defense, without its two best defensive players for the foreseeable future. We know this is supposed to be the Jets' year — Sporting News picked them to beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl — but with all the injuries and infighting and contract issues and the Hard Knocks ... everything involving the Jets right now is starting to feel like a little bit too much, or not enough. The games start in a week and a half. That's very soon now.
Photo: Nick Laham/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 7. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour