It was closer than anyone would have liked, but the Liberty — the WNBA team with a chance to become the third Madison Square Garden champions in the last 38 years — beat the Indiana Fever 78–75 to advance to the WNBA Eastern Conference finals. Cappie Pondexter, who is awesome and every NBA player's favorite WNBA player, scored 30 points and hit a game-winning jumper with 28 seconds left. So! Eastern Conference finals! The Liberty have the home-court advantage in the best-of-three series against the No. 4–seeded Atlanta Dream, and would seem to be the favorites. If they make the finals, we're so going. Game one of the conference finals tips off Sunday night at 7 p.m. at the Garden, and on NBA-TV. Come on, shouldn't somebody in town win a title?
Photo: Patrick McMullen
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability