The Liberty lost to Atlanta 105–93 last night, eliminating them from the WBNA playoffs despite Cappie Pondexter's postseason-high 36 points. The two-game sweep means the 2010 Liberty will not be bringing the Garden its first basketball title since 1973, and it'll be a while before they get another chance: For the next three years, they'll call the Prudential Center home while the Garden is being renovated, and titles won in Newark wouldn't really be Garden titles, would they?
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The 5 Reasons Girls Type Like Thissss