Chris Russo once famously ranted that he just wanted his San Francisco Giants to win the World Series "ONE LOUSY GODDAMN TIME!" — we're pretty sure, actually, that even the combination of italics and caps doesn't quite do the Mad Dog's enthusiasm justice — and he's now gotten his wish. Sadly, Sirius wouldn't allow him to go on Mike Francesa's WFAN show today to gloat on the air with his former partner, but Neil Best listened in on satellite and reports that Russo opened his own show with a montage of clips from Game 5 played over "San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)," incorporated a little Springsteen (obviously), and explained, "I never would have thought I ever would have seen it."
Photo: Mark Von Holden/Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode