While the Yankees and Rangers and Hot Stove fans in general wait for Cliff Lee to make up his mind already — final offers! mystery teams (or lack thereof)! hint-dropping baristas! — the Mets actually did something today and announced their coaching staff for 2011. The new faces? Ken Obkerfell will serve as Terry Collins's bench coach, Dave Hudgens replaces Howard Johnson as hitting coach, Mookie Wilson will once again serve as first base coach (a position he held from 1997 to 2002), and Jon Debus will succeed Randy Niemann as bullpen coach. [AP via Silive.com]
Photo: Eliot J. Schechter/Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode