This is probably (if barely) still novel enough to be noteworthy: Ozzie Guillen got tossed from last night's Yankees-White Sox game for arguing balls and strikes in the middle of the first — he had a good case that the inning-ending third strike to Paul Konerko was low, thought it certainly wasn't the worst call we saw last night — and by the time the bottom of the inning had ended, he'd already taken to Twitter to vent. The first of two tweets: "This one going to cost me a lot money this is patetic [sic, though if we'd just gotten done screaming that hard at another human being, we probably wouldn't be too focused on spelling, either]." And the second: "Today a tough guy show up a yankee stadium," presumably a reference to home-place ump Todd Tichenor. All things considered, though, those two messages were pretty restrained, since after the game even Guillen admitted, "I don't blame him for throwing me out for what I said on the field." [Chicago Sun-Times]
Photo: Scott Boehm/Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?