It's official now: CBS has confirmed that it could not reach an agreement with Gus Johnson and that he's leaving the network, meaning his days of calling NCAA Tournament games have come to an end. (The juiciest tidbit comes from the Daily News, whose source "said some of CBS Sports' college hoops voices were not thrilled with Johnson's rise to March Madness' most popular voice.") It appears that Johnson's headed to Fox — he's officially in "active discussions" with the network — where he could call both NFL and college football games. Which means no more calls like this, but even more calls like this. [USA Today, NYDN]
Photo: Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?