Yesterday, we lamented the sorry way Phil Jackson's last game went, and warned against any of this "he's coming to the Knicks!" talk. We anticipated it coming, but we'll confess: Not so soon. But there's the Post this morning, blaring a "Jackson could coach Knicks in 2012: source!" headline. As far as earth-shattering headlines go, this one is rather weak gruel: "Source." "Could." How vague is the story? You could literally replace "any human on earth" with "Phil Jackson," and the story would be just as true. Technically speaking, veteran character actor and stage comedian Rip Taylor "could" coach the Knicks in 2012. Like Jackson, "If the right situation presented itself," Taylor would "have to consider it." Also like Jackson, "health likely won't prevent" Taylor "considering" the Knicks job. So, Taylor in 2012. He'll install the triangle offense, and he will also bring confetti.
Photo: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime