Reports that the Heat might be interested in Eddy Curry have been around for a couple of months: Here's one from April about how Miami might be considering adding Curry for the playoffs, and here's another from last month about how Curry had worked out for the Heat, who were considering their summer free-agent options. (Needless to say, the Heat's free-agent options aren't quite as exciting as they were last summer.) In any case, the Miami Herald this weekend explained what Curry needs to do to attract renewed interest from the Heat: lose at least 40 more pounds during the lockout. That's in addition, by the way, to the 20-plus pounds he's already lost since working out for the team in March, at which point he reportedly weighed in at more than 350 pounds. Said another player who was invited to the late-June workouts at which Curry auditioned for the team: "He's very skilled. But it's a question of whether he gets more serious. He's got a long way to go." [Miami Herald]
Photo: Jonathan Daniel/2010 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!