It was a week ago today that the Rangers placed Sean Avery on waivers, with John Tortorella explaining that, "The players that are here are better than Sean Avery." He wasn't claimed, however, and now Avery has reported to the team's AHL affiliate in Hartford. (As Puck Daddy notes, perhaps it's fitting that the style-conscious Avery will now play his home games in a complex that once included a shopping mall.) Avery's played for the AHL team before, back when it was known as the Hartford Wolf Pack and he was technically still a member of the Dallas Stars organization, prior to rejoining the Rangers in the wake of his "sloppy seconds" comment. Both the Rangers and Stars, by the way, freed up some $1.9 million in cap space, though it also means that the Stars are now dangerously close to the salary floor. [Rangers Report Blog/Journal News]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?