NBA free agency begins on Friday, and it appears we already know one move the Knicks will make: Reports say Jared Jeffries has told the team that he intends to re-sign with New York. When Jeffries became a Knick again last winter, the news was accompanied by a wave of YouTube parody videos. But we can probably skip all that now and say that, hey, Mike D'Antoni loves the guy — particularly because of his defense — and he'll reportedly be signing just a one-year contract for the veteran minimum. So to quote Seth over at Posting and Toasting: "Whatever." Training camps are set to open on Friday, as well. For Jeffries's sake, here's hoping layup drills are made a priority. [Knicks Knation/NYDN, Knicks Blog/NYP]
Photo: Elsa/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!