Our own Will Leitch appeared on Morning Joe today to discuss the Jeremy Lin phenomenon and why his emergence is unlike anything he's ever seen. After all, in less than a month, Lin went from playing in the D-League to making national headlines. (As Leitch explains, for proof that he's exploded beyond a mere local basketball story, look no further than the fact that the Kardashians somehow became part of it.) He also spoke about why Lin — who went undrafted and was let go by two NBA teams before joining the Knicks — was overlooked. Said Leitch: "I don't think it was so much race-related as much as, frankly, Harvard-related."
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?